15.2.08

kcisemoh

So a question I've been asking lately is this: What role does Christianity play in my life?

This is a question that everyone should consider, but one I feel many have already asked and answered. Sometimes I look at the wonderful friends that I have and I'll be so encouraged as I see the integrity of Christ begin played out in their lives. Yet, at the same time I'm encouraged, I'm also convicted because I have not lived up to what I should be.

Where does Christianity play a role in my life? Does it only play on Sundays? When I'm talking to another believer? When I'm writing on this blog?

Why call myself a Christian then? It should be evident in every aspect of my life-- there is only one simple command which sums everything up, God is not complicated: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself.

But am I doing that?That's the real question.

In the Book of Romans, Paul is writing to Rome, to a place that is only two hours away from where I am right now. The very first line is this: "Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God." (1:1)

And being set apart also applies to us. "And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ." (1:6)

1 comment:

  1. i agree, that is an important question. but it's the answer that we live out that matters even more.

    ReplyDelete