20.2.08

Small details, which probably don’t even matter.

First of all, frankly, i see nothing wrong with sunbathing through a window because it is simply freezing outside. See, I'm turning white! I miss the California sunshine; I hope we get it here soon!
  1. In Perugia there is this opera house-turned movie theater, which plays movies in English once a week. They have upper box seats that we sit in and look over the audience. It is awesome. Movies seen so far: Bewolf, Love in the time of choler, and Elizabeth of the golden age. So far each movie has stunk, but I still go when I can.

  2. For some weird reason, there is dog poop all over; at least in Perugia. People walk their dogs a lot here, but there are also many dogs just randomly walking around. However, it is not just the random dogs that poop on the streets and leave it there. The owners let their dogs poop everywhere and don't pick it up. One time I saw an owner walking her dog on a leash and she watched as her dog lifted his leg and peed on the tire of someone's car. Then they just continued walking down the street. Nasty.

  3. In Italy the Euro is used as currency. It's cool because they use the one and two euro in coins here. They use these coins ALL THE TIME. And sometimes, if you don't have exact change the shop owners scowl at you. So it stinks to have to break the bigger bills that I can only get from the ATM.

  4. In Europe there are many public restrooms in which you have to pay. I don’t do it, personally. I’d rather wait and suffer the consequences, than to give the European rule makers the satisfaction of making money off of me when I have to pee.

  5. Toilets in Europe are also confusing. I wasn't sure how to flush the toilet the first time I used one.

  6. In at least all the Italian showers I've seen the spicket comes off like a spray handle.

  7. Originally I thought that it was not appropriate to drink coffee quickly here and that you were supposed to enjoy it slowly. But now I understand that quick coffee is what Italy lives for, they usually just drink a shot of expresso and not full on coffees. I prefer drinking it slowly still.

  8. I also found out that women do work out- just at appropriate times and with lots of spandex… oh and the guys do too. It's kinda "weird" but I don't like to use that word because actually, it's just different.

  9. Italians don't drink much milk because they believe it's bad for digestion or something. So they don't order coffee with milk in it after noon time. No cappuccinos or café lattes after 12, or they look at you funny. It's weird though, because they eat cheese at all times and that has dairy in it.

  10. Chocolate is everywhere. Everyone loves chocolate and it is everywhere.

  11. I found out that Nutella was made in Italy. It was made by some guy in WWII when there was a shortage of chocolate. He made the chocolate supply last longer by adding milk and hazelnut which equals nutella. I’m over it though; I don’t eat nutella much anymore.

  12. Italians don't eat breakfast. "Breakfast" for them consists of an expresso shot and pastry from the local café (bar). I long for some French toast and hash browns and scrambled eggs and maple syrup. Mmm, bene.

  13. The more I study Italian the more I want to learn Spanish better. Also, I keep thinking about the last time I went to Mexico and I want to go back as soon as I can. I'm sorry that I'm going to miss it this year's spring break.

  14. This one Italian guy asked me where I was from and when I said California, he got really excited and said "Oh… Baywatch!" And I said, "Yes. Exactly."

  15. One thing that I've learned about myself, is that you really shouldn't try waking me up in the morning. One of my roommates has tried this and received the consequences when she heard me tell her to "Go crawl in a hole and die." I do much better when you simply open the window and let the sunshine come in. Or if you wake me up gently and then walk away quickly. A wise warning.

  16. I've found a way to watch Lost here and it is so unbelievably exciting. Although, nothing beats the fun I have at Lost parties with fellow fpu'ers.

  17. It's really freezing here, and I hear that it is getting warm in Cali, for this I am jealous. But that's okay, because I like it here too.

  18. Um, I think that's it.

  19. You made it to the bottom, congratulations! Love to hear from whoever reads this; how are YOU doing?

10 comments:

  1. i enjoy all of your statements/comments about europe/italy. it sounds like you are having a beautiful time. i enjoy the picture of you too, you look beautiful in it! i am doing well just hanging out you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i just want to say, its still cold in cali, but the sun is coming through. Have you never tried nutella in the states? I'm sad that your over it, because its a wonderful thing to have! also, the toilets bit was interesting, there aren't any buttons to flush? Hmmm, one last thing, i had a dream about you the other night, you came to fresno for your spring break, and i was like, jackie what are you doing here? and you said, i'm on my spring break, and then i said, are you serious?! why would you come back to fresno for spring break, but otherwise, i was super excited to see you. I love you jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH JACKIE--- I MISS YOU!! YOU HAD ME CRACKING UP! TO ME THAT WAS SOME FUNNY STUFF YOU POSTED!! I WAS LOL SO HARD I THINK THE NEIGHBORS HEARD ME! THATS AMAZING! ITALY! WOW! KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! THE SUNSHINE YOU WANT WILL BE THERE SOON. LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing wrong with sunbathing through window sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am enjoying all the blogs u write cuz i get to know whats going on with u :) i also loved that picture of u sunbathing, u look very beautiful in it :) i am doin allright, but i miss u so much that i start to have dreams about u :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yackie, since you want to know how I'm doing, here's a list similar to yours...

    1. Mac, Anna, and I watched a few minutes of the lunar eclipse yesterday as we sipped a new tea I bought. It is called Swedish berries. I can't wait for you to come try it. Then we watched the cartoon Swan Lake and it was like we were children again.

    2. In the US they use the dollar, which is quickly losing value, but which I will hopefully have more of now that I finally have a job.

    3. I've decided to wait until you return to watch P.S. I Love You even though I found it online and was very tempted.

    4. Tanning is overrated, or so I tell myself when I notice how pale I am compared to summer. Anna and I were looking at old pictures yesterday and she commented on how much darker I used to be.

    5. I went home last weekend and got to spend some quality time with friends and family.

    6. When talking with my mom today, we discussed the fact that I know of 15 couples that are getting married this summer, and only about 5 of them are my age or older.

    7. The day before Valentine's, I got a very unexpected delivery of flowers. That'll be a story for you next time we're both online.

    8. Your reaction to being awoken by someone made me laugh so much because mornings are not my favorite part of day by any stretch of the imagination. In Russia I wouldn't talk to my roomies for the first half hour after getting up because I couldn't guarantee nice words coming from my mouth.

    9. This semester I haven't really been working out, which is bad because the Christmas pounds are still with me.

    10. Caffeine has once again become my dear companion and I should probably limit coffee consumption. And it is so much better when you sip it slowly!

    Having written all that I feel slightly better about having fallen so behind in reading your blog once again. You have no idea how much I miss you and wish you were here!

    Yellow blue tebya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay!
    i'm so excited to have so many wonderful people comment on my blog.
    glad to hear from ALL of you, it makes me really happy!

    =)
    eeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've already said it, but it needs to be repeated... You are my sunshine, especially in that beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was an interesting blog, i'm just glad haven't experienced seeing people do what dogs do as it was seen in my hometown when i lived there 9 years ago...

    ReplyDelete