14.2.08

Con tanto amore

Thank you for emails, comments, messages, im dates and non-dates, letters, postcards, everything thoughtful, and per me mama e papa e nona e nono per gli pacci. I hope that you all have a wonderful day and know that you all mean more to me than you might realize.



*Check below for some Venice pictures, a story might follow, but i'm not sure yet. I have some good stories.


Today has been such a self reflective day. A little earlier, I was looking at my pillow. It is striped with orange and yellows and white, and I found a particular color that stood out to me. This color was a mix between an orange and pink, and I desperately wanted to write as a million memories and reflections and profound thoughts, came rapidly roaring into my head. But alas, now as I look into the pillow, that color is no longer there. What a strange thing.


Looking back on the past month or so, it's cool because I have been able to see God in a different way. It's crazy how BIG our God is. He is everywhere.

I was on a bus ride in Tuscany and passing the beautiful farms and landscape I was so amazed. I looked into the sunlight and realized, 'this is such a new sight for me, but for you, God, you've always seen it. You created it.' It was such an amazing thought and I guess I was feeling lonely for friends and family because I was instantly comforted, knowing that he was there with me, and looking over the same thing as he has in the past, many times.

When I was on my overnight train ride to Venice, I was cold and uncomfortable. It was a new way to experience the night. Then I started thinking about God and how there have probably been many other people just like me riding on a night train in Italy cold and uncomfortable, while I'm a million miles away tucked into my warm bed. And he is both places. He brings me comfort when I'm in my warm bed in Fresno, as he can bring anyone else comfort on their night train ride in Europe. He is so BIG.

And he is the God of everyone. Every person I meet, pass on the street, recognize from the shops near my apartment. He loves them and knows every hair on their head, every thought in their mind. We are all one big family, it's just that many people haven't realized that yet.

I wish I had more realizations like these.

1 comment:

  1. nothing else compares to those moments when we truly expereince God and his comforting presence!!!

    ReplyDelete