27.5.08

Rome for the sixth time

Well, I've been to Rome a lot. It is such a huge city that I have not seen everything yet.
A few posts back when I was talking about my hostel in Rome and the girls from Cyprus, Texas and Russia... well, this is the day I had before that post. I simple day in Rome after staying up all night and taking the 1am bus with my school, leaving Perugia for the semester. We took a walk around Rome.


simple sights around Rome. I don't remember exactly what these ruins are, but we stopped when we felt something would be interesting.


The only thing i REALLY wanted to see in Rome was Trevi. I remember reading about this fountain in my sixth grade country report on Italy. I just realized that I forgot to throw coins in the fountain though...


My favorite part of the day was simple people watching with Tina. We sat on the Spanish Steps and they were FILLED with people and beautiful flowers. It was so lovely, people watching is amongst my favorite things to do.

This is partly why i like people watching so much. I really don't know why the bag was on his head. Maybe I should have asked.



I hadn't seen Rome so packed. Tourist season officially started, and wow.

There are immigrants living in Rome who sell random things all over the touristy places for income. They really have no other way of money since they don't have european union citizenship, but i guess it's illegal to do what they do. SO when the police roll around...
...they scatter
a part of the spanish steps

a random church that we checked out

and it was beautiful!
then we stopped on a random grassy hill, on a random street, near the Colosseum to lay down for a no good reason and just be still. It was nice. People liked our idea too.

No comments:

Post a Comment