17.5.08

Home

I'm feeling rather nostalgic right now. Today was a great day and a wonderful end to the week. I arrived at the LAX on Tuesday night and spent the following two days with my family.

I celebrated a good, ole' fashion Mexican BBQ with my family and had my grandfather's 71 birthday party in the days following. Home... just felt like home. I was neither excited or disappointed to be here. It just felt like it was the next leg on my journey.

However, home did not come without it's own changes. As soon as I walked into arrivals, I noticed that my dad shaved off his moustache, my mom grew more grey hair, and my brother was a few inches taller and a few inches buffer. My brother was the one to change the most as he also contributed a new licence and officially deemed MY car as "ours." The final change of home was the addition of two new and completely adorable puppies who are such a joy to have around.

It was hard for me to be home again, and sometimes I became really nervous to be here. It was difficult to adjust back after I had become used to living the way I did in Europe. The two lifestyles were completely different.

Today, however, was really crazy. I finally got to see the majority of my friends and spend all day visiting everyone. I think today was one of my most favorite days. I realized when I was in Barcelona spending some quality layover time in the airport, that if you want to become happy, all you have to do is hang out at the arrival gate for a bit in the airport. It will seriously lift your spirits faster than anything else. And that was what today was like for me. Joyful meetings all day long.

I know that I keep promising this and haven't so far delivered... but I really want to finish off this blog with what my travels afterwards consisted of. I don't have the complete pictures yet and have to wait for Tina to upload them online for me. I think I will get them soon.

:) I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. well i am very excited to have you home, even if i am in santa barbara for the summer.
    it's still closer than we were all of last semester.
    so does your brother still refer to the car as "ours" lol...

    ReplyDelete