30.5.08

A blog from the Present

So I feel officially comfortable enough to say this : I am home. I've been home for officially 17 days and the change is still a bit of a struggle.

It hasn't been easy learning to come back home and deal with everything that I've been away from for almost 5 months. Just like it was difficult to get used to the Italian culture, I've found similar, but not as traumatic, difficulties getting used to being in Fresno again.

I suppose that a majority of the struggles that I'm going through would be there either way: having to do with growing up and deciding what I'm going to do with my life, priorities and balance, friends and relationships. It's quite a confusing time in life, and having to adjust to a culture all over again, doesn't help.

But "é vida" right? That's life. After one week of being home, my body finally adjusted to Pacific Standard Time. After two weeks, I've seen the majority of my family and friends (not everyone though...). After seventeen days, I still haven't given out half the souvenirs.

And now I'm trying to busy my days. Lately I've been quite bored, since the high of home has vanished. It's not that i'm unhappy here, but I just look forward to going back to Europe as soon as I can since, now I know how to travel...

First, of course, I need to make some money and concentrate on graduating on time. :)

2 comments:

  1. i am still so glad your home girly! and apparently there will be some weeks where i don't have to work, so that way we can still go visit sarah in Santa Cruz! Hopefully- Lord willing. It was very very very nice to hear from you! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie Rios-
    I am glad you are home. I should be blogging during the summer, so keep in touch!



    Linda

    ReplyDelete