3.5.08

After School

Here I am sitting in the HOME HOSTEL in Valencia, Spain. I've been traveling for exactly one week now and I'm finally back into the groove of living out of a bag. It's not too easy, backpacking in Europe. It takes a lot of strength mentally and physically. Especially mentally, especially when you've been away from all your loved ones for over four months.

Right now, Tina and i are just wasting some time, awaiting our overnight train to Granada. I am enjoying all this travel, new things to see constantly, new cultures to experience.

However, at the standstill moment (awaiting an overnight train)... I am plagued with curiosity of how things at home are going. Over four months is a long time to be away, and although I have much company of Tina and people that we meet along the way, I still feel a strike of loneliness whenever I go on Facebook/Myspace. Perhaps I shouldn't do it, but I do. And then I wonder about my friends and family back home. I wonder how they are doing and I wish that they could all keep blogs so I could understand, even at the tiniest bit, of what I've missed in their life.

Anyways, here is a spur of the moment blog, as I begin to log off. I will head home in about 12 days. Tina and I head to Granada tonight and then back to Italy for a few days. We will part and I will be in London until I go home. Needless to say, I am super excited for the remaining travel I have. I can't wait to see Cinque Terre (in Italy) and Granada and London!! But I suppose feelings go both ways sometimes.

I am also keeping a journal and taking a few pictures, so I want to complete this blog of travels when I come home, and hopefully post what I have if I can find time.

Anyways, that is that! And I hope that whoever reads this is having a wonderful night. I will see you all soon, Adios!

1 comment:

  1. well, here is what you missed out on in my life today... spending so much time studying in the anatomy lab that when you come home at 10 pm you smell like the bodies. not exactly the most pleasant thing in the world.

    and once you are home you shall be told all the other tidbits of my life that you missed. i'll tell you so much you will wish you hadn't asked, lol...

    yellow blue tebya

    ReplyDelete