12.2.08

It's windy outside

So it's windy outside.

My roommate Metra is in a photo class here in Perugia and one of her assignments is to take three different rolls of film on one object from every angle imaginable. Well, she was having difficulty deciding what object to do, because three rolls of film is a lot. Brillant me, suggested that she do a person, and she thought that this was a great idea. So, then she turned to me, and I was like oh, no no no. But then she did her i'm-Metra-and-i'm-innocent-and-a-small-woman-
so-please-do-what-i-say, look and so I had no choice.

Why am i telling you this?

Well, today was roll two and three and we went outside for the black and white pictures. We went to the over look and it is along a street so it was awkward. This was about twenty minutes ago. Today it is windy and everyone is bundled up in jackets and layers. However, since i took my original pictures in a shirt that's what i had to do for the whole series.
Needless to say, i stuck out of the crowd.

There were people honking and blowing kisses our way. I mean, what other response would you have if there were two girls at an overlook, and one had bare sleeve shirt on, and the other had a huge camera taking pictures of her? You might literally pull over your car and stare, like a few people did. I laughed because they were trying hard to figure out who i was. It was an interesting experience. So I decided to play the role and pretend that I WAS a famous movie star and yeah, they should all stare and want to take pictures of me.

How funny is it that a random, every day person seems so different when someone is taking their pictures for a-what-seems-important reason. On a normal day they would just pass me on the street and not think anything of it.
so...
click here

3 comments:

  1. :) poor u :( had to be cold for 2 mints, and its true what ppl do

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm only sorry i was there to direct the photo shot and tell you when to be ferocious or warm and fuzzy

    ReplyDelete