17.5.11

I want to LIVE

Today I remembered a few random tidbits from when I was younger that might explain a little about who I am today:

  • When I was around 7 or 8 I wanted so badly to be an orphan. It was not uncommon for my best friend at the time, and I to "play" orphans. Looking back on it, I don't think that it was the idea of being without a family that appealed to me. I love family. Rather, I think I was attracted to the idea of being a nomad. A wanderer. Something that still appeals to me to this day. I like the idea of living simply and not having a permanent home.
  • In the 6th grade I was obsessed with the book Harriet the Spy. I used to pack up essentials into my backpack, grab my composition notebook and head into the grapevines to pretend that I was really a spy.
  • In the eight grade I attempted to read Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time. That should say enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment