23.5.08

Day 2 April 27, 2008 Sunday

I am waiting in the (FCO) Rome airport right now and I already feel like I have a lot to write. I really am enjoying airports right now. They are exciting--planes coming and going-- people from all over the world.

But I've also had a thought about this: Americans are really good at sticking out. It's a nation-wide hobby. I hope that I've done an okay job at covering up my tracks as a few people have asked me or assumed that I spoke fluent Italian. And honestly-- I hate to disappoint them. I am really encouraged to learn even more... hopefully.

But what is really on my mind is this: I don't rather enjoy traveling with those who refuse to submerse into the culture, thereby clearly sticking out and doing things that other Europeans stare at. I notice it. I think it's smarter to try to submerse. Maybe people have other opinions, but it's just my thought.

Anyways, I'm not even gone yet, and I'm thinking, "I can't wait to travel more someday." I'm really tired and can barely keep my eyes open...

No comments:

Post a Comment