12.12.07

Pre-departure thoughts

*This was written on December 03, 2007

Well, I leave the country one month from today. I am going to be studying abroad, in Italy. If you would have tried to talk to me about it yesterday or anytime last week or the week before, I would have shut you down. I was scared.

Thankfully, I talked to an old friend who lives six states away last night and he heard me. He helped me realize my desire to study abroad in the first place. I hoped to not only gain and grow in a cultural experience that I would not get if I stayed in Fresno, but I want to be used by God to shine his light, his love in places around the world. I want to keep obedient to Him even as I live countries away from everything I know. I want to touch people's lives. Even if it's only one person, that He might be glorified.

Yes, I am still a bit nervous, but my excitment is currently overriding my nerves. I've never been abroad before. I've never even seen the east coast of the US. I know that I'll miss all my friends and family--my brothers and sisters in Christ. But I also know that God is with me always, Italy, Spain, Ukraine, bottom of the sea, whatever. I love you guys all. VERY, VERY much. I hope we keep in touch.
love, Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment